This week we’ve dedicated one podcast to discovering the story and background of a social enterprise company that changes lives through socks. These aren’t just any socks, the sustainable and unique design stands out from the rest. Mitscoots Socks was created by Tim Scott after he realized the high need for socks by those who were homeless. Volunteering for many organizations, Tim found individuals asking for these items, “food, water, oh and do you have any socks?” Through experiences like this, Tim found the need of a one-for-one business model built around this request, and Mitscoots Socks was born! To listen in on details of his story and catch some great insight on how Mitscoots now has employment opportunities for the very people they aid, listen in below!
1. What is a social venture that we all should checkout?
2. What is your favorite online or offline resource/tool that all entrepreneurs should use?
– Having a founder of the organization be a voice that is actively involved in the Social Media for your business.
3. One piece of advice you would give to an aspiring change agent?
– Don’t wait. Don’t let the “I don’t knows” keep you from starting something that could change the world. Let your company grow and look back to see the truth in your growth.
4. What is a caused based book we should all read?
– My inspiration comes mostly from Harvard business case study analyses regarding large existing companies. Filling in the gaps to see where the business could have gone has been a good learning experience.
5. What is the first thing we can all do to start changing the word?
– Don’t wait until you have a company, just start doing it. There are huge impacts a single individual can have that greatly effect others.
Check out the Mitscoots website Here!
To Subscribe to the Social Change Nation Newsletter Click HERE
Check out the Social Good Shopping Guide and Directory HERE
Recommended book: Out of Poverty by Paul Pollock
Love audio??? Josh has gotten everyone a free audiobook download! Click here to get your free book! And click here to get you some LSTN Headphones – they’re the cause-based headphones we use around here for all the podcasts & audiobooks we listen to!
This podcast is broadcasted proudly from the Kansas City Startup Village