BONUS: Josh recaps the conversation with Amy McLaren and highlights several key takeaways:
- Core business offering does not have to be tied in with your cause.
- Be very sure on starting your own charity instead of supporting and existing one.
- Your ability to produce and bring in funds is a major contribution to an organization.
- Sustainability–plan for the long term
- Taking the core area of professional expertise and combining that with charitable ventures.
Love audio??? Josh has gotten everyone a free audiobook download! Click here to get your free book! And click here to get you some LSTN Headphones – they’re the cause-based headphones we use around here for all the podcasts & audiobooks we listen to!
- What is a social venture aside from World Teacher Aid that we all should check out?
- Free The Children — An international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.
- What online resource that all social entrepreneurs should use?
- Zoom — Video Conferencing
- What is one piece of advice you would give an inspiring change agent
- Go with your gut!
- What is your favorite fun escape?
- Traveling to Thailand and other parts of Southeast Asia
- What is the first thing we can do to start changing the world?
- Believe that you can!
- Change does not have to be big, but requires action and more than just talk.